• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
• 1 (25.5-ounce) bottle fat-free marinara pasta sauce (We used Muir Glen)
• 2 tablespoons sun-dried or regular tomato paste
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 3 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce, tomato paste, and red pepper; bring to a simmer. Drain clams in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; set clams aside. Stir reserved clam liquid into marinara-sauce mixture. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in clams, and simmer 3 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Per Serving: 214 Calories; 4g Fat (17.1% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 26g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 476mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.