• Cooking spray
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds. Add tomato paste, oregano, pepper, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; stir in basil and vinegar. Cool.
Note: Nutritional analysis is based on 1/3 cup sauce.
Per Serving: 56 Calories; trace Fat (6.4% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.