• 1 head garlic
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise (we used Hellmann's®)
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
• 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Separate, peel garlic cloves & place in small saucepan with oil; cover & cook over low heat, shaking pan often until golden & softened,
about 25 minutes.
Transfer to small food processor or blender; add next 5 ingredients & blend until smooth.
Stir in onion and Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Cover and store in refrigerator.
Per Serving (per tablespoon): 16 Calories; 1g Fat (41.1% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace
Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other