• 2 tablespoons smoky Spanish paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon chile powder
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon celery salt
• 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
This rub has all the classic barbecue notes: salt, spice, sweet, and smoky. It is particularly great on pork chops and tenderloin, chicken and even catfish for an authentic low 'n slow barbecued flavor.
Combine paprika, salt, sugar, brown sugar, cumin, chile powder, black pepper, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, and oregano in bowl; mix well. For a smoother rub, puree ingredients in a spice grinder until well combined and all pieces are uniform (the rub will be very fine and tan in color).
Extra rub can be stored in an airtight container for up to six months.
Per Serving (per tablespoon): 25 Calories; trace Fat (12.7% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; trace Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1009mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.