Turkey and Pepper Soup
If you like stuffed bell peppers, you will love this soup
• 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
• 1 pound 97% lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped poblano pepper
• 1 cup finely diced onion
• Generous 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 - 14.5 ounce cans low sodium petite diced tomatoes
• 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
• 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
• Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a large pot, brown ground turkey on high heat. Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add chopped peppers, onions and garlic powder. Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Ladle about 1 1/3 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/3 cup cooked rice.
Per Serving (about 1 2/3 cups): 282 Calories; 7g Fat (22.4% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 621mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2014