Bell Pepper and Pork Stew
Serve with baguette toasts.
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• Cooking spray
• 1 cup diced red onion
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3/4 cup dry white wine
• 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
• 2 peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of pork to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add remaining pork to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
Coat pan with cooking spray; add onion and bell peppers. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return pork to pan. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through bay leaf). Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Uncover and simmer 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Discard bay leaf. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Per Serving: 221 Calories; 6g Fat (28.0% calories from fat); 2g Saturated Fat; 19g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 622mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2011