• 1 (4-pounds) pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 - 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
• 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar, or to taste
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 cup packed cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third.
Toss pineapple and onion with oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large 4-sided sheet pan, then roast, stirring occasionally, until charred in spots, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped, then transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1/3 cup brown sugar.
Add hot roasted-pineapple mixture, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then stir in citrus juice. Season with brown sugar and salt. Cool, then stir in cilantro. Let stand, covered, 1 hour.
COOKS NOTE: Salsa, without cilantro, can be made 3 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature and add cilantro before serving.
Per Serving: 146 Calories; 2g Fat (14.0% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 2g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 13mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.