Chicken Salad on Rye
Serve with baked chips if desired.
• 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
halves (about 3)
• 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
• 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• 12 slices rye bread with seeds
• 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add chicken breasts; reduce
heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through,
about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; cool.
Mix celery, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, onion, tarragon, lemon juice, and lemon
peel in large bowl to blend. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes; stir into
mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours
ahead. Cover; chill.)
Arrange 6 bread slices on work surface. Spread with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise.
Divide salad among bread slices. Top each with lettuce and second bread
slice. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Per Serving: 300 Calories; 5g Fat (15.5% calories
from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 27g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary
Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 732mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010