Serve with baked chips if desired.
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• Vegetable oil cooking spray
• 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 8 slices (1/4 inch each)
• 1 medium zucchini, cut into 8 slices (1/4 inch each)
• 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
• 8 slices ciabatta bread
• 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
• 8 large fresh basil leaves
Whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat a baking sheet with
cooking spray; place vegetables in 1 layer on sheet. Brush both sides
of eggplant and zucchini with vinegar mixture. Spray all vegetables with
cooking spray and place under broiler, 7 to 8 minutes, turning once and
coating with cooking spray.
Lightly brush bottom slices of ciabatta with remaining vinegar mixture.
Pile veggies, cheese and basil on 4 slices of bread. Close sandwiches;
spray both sides with cooking spray. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat; add sandwiches. Place a second skillet on top of sandwiches
and press down. Cook 4 minutes, flipping once. Serve.
Per Serving: 385 Calories; 10g Fat (22.5% calories
from fat); 3g Saturated Fat; 17g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary
Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 1114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1
Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010