Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serve with flavored iced tea.
• 1 head butter or romaine lettuce leaves (whichever you prefer)
• 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon dry sherry
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 slice ginger, (about 1/2 inch) minced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced extra thin
• 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 can water chestnuts, rinsed in warm running water and chopped
• 1 stalk celery, diced
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Wash the lettuce, dry, and separate the leaves. Set aside.
Mix together the sauce ingredients. Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions and fry until the garlic and ginger are aromatic. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add the red pepper, water chestnuts, and celery to the frying pan. Add the sauce ingredients and cook at medium heat, Give the cornstarch/water
mixture a quick restir and add to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Add the chicken back into the wok. Cook for 2 - 3 more minutes, stirring, to heat through and finish cooking the chicken.
Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon a heaping teaspoon of the chicken and vegetable/sauce mixture into the middle. Fold into a package. Continue with the remainder of the chicken and lettuce leaves and serve.
Per Serving): 274 Calories; 7g Fat (22.6% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol;
393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2001 - 2012