Great served with grilled meat or poultry.
• 3 medium ripe fresh red tomatoes
• 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and finely sliced
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped arugula, tightly packed
• 2 green onions, including most of the green, thinly sliced
• 1 cup tightly packed coarsely chopped fresh Italian leaf parsley
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
• 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or savory
• 2 to 4 jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely diced
• 2 tablespoons capers, preferably salt-packed, rinsed well and drained
• 3 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Salad: Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise and squeeze lightly to remove the
seeds. With a serrated knife, dice the tomatoes and transfer to a
strainer to drain. In a salad bowl, mix together the cucumber, greens,
scallions, herbs, jalapeños, and capers. Add the tomatoes.
Dressing: To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice,
vinegar, lemon zest,and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad
and toss. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate for 20 to 30
minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
Per Serving: 88 Calories; 7g Fat (67.9% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 2g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 39mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010