• 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken meat (6 ounces)
• 6 canned peeled water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
• 1 small celery rib, finely diced
• 1/2 cup diced apple, such as Gala or Golden Delicious (about 1/2 apple)
Combine the chicken, water chestnuts, carrot, celery and apple in a
bowl and stir to mix.
Whisk together the peanut butter, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise and chives, if using, spoon the dressing over
the salad, and mix well. Sprinkle with soy nuts just before serving.