Peanut Asian Chicken
Great summer main dish salad.
• 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken meat (6 ounces)
• 6 canned peeled water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
• 1 small celery rib, finely diced
• 1/2 cup diced apple, such as Gala or Golden Delicious (about 1/2 apple)
• 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter or sesame tahini
• 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
• 3 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives (optional)
• 3 tablespoons roasted chopped unsalted peanuts
Combine the chicken, water chestnuts, carrot, celery and apple in a
bowl and stir to mix.
Whisk together the peanut butter, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise and chives, if using, spoon the dressing over
the salad, and mix well. Sprinkle with soy nuts just before serving.
Per Serving: 192 Calories; 9g Fat (39.7% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 17g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 371mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010