Mustard Cole Slaw
Fantastic served with grilled or barbeque pork or chicken!
• 7 cups finely shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
• 1 cup thinly sliced red onion rings cut in half
• 1 cup grated carrot
• 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
• 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise (we used Hellmann's®)
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Combine cabbage, onion, and 1 cup carrot in a large bowl. Combine white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add the mustard mixture to cabbage mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes. Stir before serving.
Per Serving: 54 Calories; 1g Fat (10.6% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 2g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 148mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010