Mandarin Almond Salad
Serve with any grilled meat or poultry
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
• 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
• 6 cups torn romaine
• 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
• 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
• 1 small red onion, chopped
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 tablespoon chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 5 teaspoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir the sugar over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in almonds; cook for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Spread onto foil coated with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, romaine, oranges, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; add almonds and toss to coat.
Per Serving: 143 Calories; 8g Fat (49.2% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 4g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© -Copyright 2013