Mini Crab Cakes
12 ounces shelled cooked crab
Roasted Pepper Aioli
1. In a small bowl, mix Aioli ingredients. Cover and chill. Makes 1/2 cup
2. Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell.
3. In a large bowl, combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and hot sauce; mix well with a fork. Add crab and 1/4 cup panko; stir gently just to mix.
4. Put remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow bowl. Shape crab mixture into 24 cakes, each about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Turn each cake in panko to coat on all sides, pressing gently to make crumbs adhere. Place cakes slightly apart in an oiled 12 x 17 inch baking pan.
5. Bake in a 475° regular or convection oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Spoon a dollop of Roasted Pepper Aioli onto each cake. Serve hot.
COOKS NOTE: You can make the aioli up to 2 days ahead and the crab cakes can be made steps 2, 3 and 4 for up to 3 to 4 hours ahead; in either case, cover and chill.
Per Serving: 106 Calories; 3g Fat (22.7% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 11g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; trace
Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 349mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Low Fat Recipes Furnished by LowFatLifestyle.com© - Copyright 2010